Thursday 20 January 2011

The Hook And Sling Presents We Dig Deeper

A big thank you to everyone who made it down on Saturday despite the hot and muggy weather, your support is always greatly appreciated!!

Firstly I hope you all managed to check out my guest post over at the formidable Souled On Music. I’d like to thank Scholar for extending the invite to me and I hope you all enjoyed listening to it as much as I did putting it together!

Today’s mix is the second joint collaboration from all of us, recorded at Hook And Sling HQ before we headed off to Brown Sugar on Saturday. There are some deep cuts included for your listening pleasure, all coming straight from our play boxes.

Enjoy and we’ll see you back here mid-week for a very special guest mix.


Track List (Click on individual track titles for label scans)


Mr Double Down


Bobby Byrd – I’m On The Move – Warner Bros. Promo

Jimmy James Thomas – I Can’t Dance – Cinn-Sound Records (DopeBrother)

Hoppin’ John


Chuck Edwards – Downtown Soulville – Punch

Lee Moses – Got That Will – Maple Records

The Popcorn King


Tony Fox – I’ve Been Searchin’ – Tri-Spin Records

Darrow Fletcher – What Is This –Uni

Mr Double Down


Andre Williams – Humpin’, Bumpin’ And Thumping – Checker

Mary Jane Hooper – I’ve Got Reasons - Power

Hoppin’ John


Frankie Beverly’s Raw Soul – People In The Know – Gregar

The Showmen Inc. – The Tramp Pt 1 – Now Records

The Popcorn King


Jackie Wilson – Helpless – Brunswick

The Victones – My Baby Changes – Front Page Records




No comments: